Thursday, March 11, 2010

*puts fingers in ears * la la la la la la la -- Departure T-minus 28 days

So it has come to this, I simply put my fingers in my ears and ignore the ruminations of the universe because, let's be honest here and this is just between you and me, life needs a big kick in the balls and told to f-off every now and again.

What is this you say? Has he lost his mind? No my mind is still in tact however I am choosing to ignore Newfoundland for the day.

Well that was the plan at least but it took a micro-second from when I woke up to start thinking about the things we need to get done but like a true champion I am choosing to ignore that today and instead I went snowboarding knowing full well that a day on the slopes would clear my head, which of course it did.

In between listening to Great Big Sea (apparently they are a Newfoundland icon) and chewing the ear off anyone unlucky enough to catch the perilously slow chair lift at Grouse Mountain about my amazing wife, her amazing new job and our amazing journey across Canada to St Anthony, I had time to collect my thoughts, like Edgar Allan Poe once wrote, they were my ruminations.

My conclusions? First is that I need to relax just a tad ... after all where we are going there is no need to feel stress or be worrisome, quite the opposite really. Where we are going, according to the Great Big Sea, Newfoundland is a place where watches are seemingly abandoned on arrival, where deadlines (and I am borrowing from the late Douglas Adams here) make a whooshing sound as they fly by, and where the most stressful thing about your day is working out which gumboots you are going to wear.

Now that's my kind of place.

See, I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment