Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day ?? Oh, I don't know anymore...


Today I broke the 2500km mark on my journey so in honour of that special occasion I wrote a country music song on the snow covered leg between Montreal and Ottawa. (For the record, I hate Ottawa)

Here are the early lyrics:

When the whiteness descends,
Blanketing the black
The spanners around me have clearly been smoking crack
It doesn’t take long for the white to turn to brown
But those crazy Mainland drivers refuse to slow down

CHORUS:
Slow down
Slow down
Put down the crack pipe and just slow down

I’ll be the first to admit it needs a bit of work but I have another four days left to hone the lyrics. Stay tuned….
***
Tomorrow I head for Cochrane, the birthplace of Tim Horton (and I had hoped Tom Cochrane but apparently not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment